The department "Intelligent Systems of Decision-Making" carries out training of bachelors and masters in specialties 124 "System Analysis" and 126 "Information Systems and Technologies" in the field of knowledge 012 "Information Technologies".
The department conducts training of:
– developers of information technologies and application software;
– database administrators;
– system analysts;
– specialists in development and implementation of automated systems and information technologies into modern mechanical engineering.
Students obtain advanced computer and mathematical training, methods for constructing productive automated systems and their components, study methods of mathematical modeling of the processes of information transformation by components of information systems and semiconductors for practical research of computer simulation schemes, assimilate methods of analysis of modern business processes and the corresponding information technologies.
Graduates of the specialties "System Analysis" and "Information Systems and Technologies" can work at industrial enterprises, banks, investment companies, financial and credit institutions and budget institutions, as well as in IT firms that develop software products in the following areas:
– development of information technologies and automated information systems;
– development of hardware for forecasting and optimization of enterprises with the use of modern methods of mathematical modeling;
– development of decision support systems for industrial enterprises, commercial banks, insurance companies, small enterprises and other objects;
– development of databases and knowledge bases for modern information systems;
– development, implementation and maintenance of software products for automated control systems of an industrial enterprise.
They may hold the following positions:
– system analyst;
– developer of applied software (engineer-programmer);
– Head of a firm-developer of automated information systems and software products;
– Chief Specialist of an industrial enterprise for the development and implementation of automated control systems;
– manager for the development, implementation and maintenance of information, expert, search engines and information technologies;
– a teacher of an educational institution.
The curriculum of the specialties "System Analysis" and "Information Systems and Technologies" includes the following disciplines:
- web-technologies and web-design;
- algorithms and data structures;
- mathematical methods of data analysis;
- information systems;
- architecture of computing systems and networks;
- mathematical logic and algorithm theory;
- mathematical analysis;
- methods of optimization and research of operations;
- simulation based on neural networks;
- organization of databases and knowledge bases;
- programming and algorithmic languages;
- design of information systems;
- systems of artificial intelligence;
- theory of decision making;
- information security technologies;
- management of information resources;
- economy and business;
At the senior courses the department offers individual trajectories of training according to the following specializations:
- intellectual decision-making systems;
- Internet technologies and web-design;
- computer control systems.
The qualitative composition of the scientific and pedagogical staff of the department meets the requirements of the state accreditation commission regarding the fourth level of accreditation. Teachers of the department are engaged in scientific activity and take part in regional, all-Ukrainian and international scientific conferences independently and together with students. The department cooperates with the teams of leading universities and scientific institutions of the National Academy of Sciences of Ukraine.
During the years of the department's existence, its postgraduate students and professors protected 8 dissertation papers for obtaining the scientific degrees of candidates of sciences and 1 scientific work for obtaining the scientific degree of a doctor of sciences, as well as obtained five scientific degrees of assistant professors, published more than 40 manuals, textbooks and monographs.
Students of the specialties "System Analysis" and "Information Systems and Technologies" permanently take part in regional and national competitions in computer sciences and programming. Starting from 2015, the regional students’ ICPC competition is held annually on the basis of the department (http://icpc.dn.ua).
There are branches of the department at the PJSC "NKMZ", PJSC "EMSS" and LLC "IT 2.0". Their employees manage all types of industrial practices; participate in the work of the State Examination Commission. Interacting with students, the faculty members apply an individual approach.
Our graduates can met at commercial banks, various enterprises, including leading software development companies (IT 2.0, Quart-Soft, etc.). We have many reasons to look forward to the future with optimism!
Student life is not only learning and science; it's also concerts, competitions, meetings and much more that make life brighter and more saturated.
Students of the specialties "System Analysis" and "Information Systems and Technologies" regularly take part in the championships of the game "What? Where? When?" and "Brain-ring" and take prize-winning places.
More detailed information about the specialty can be obtained at the DSEA address:
84313, Kramatorsk, blvd. Mashinibudivnykiv, 39
Admissions Commission: Rooms 2214, 2216
Tel. +380626416938, +380660517489
Department of Intelligent Systems of Decision-Making: Room 2428, Tel. +380626416713
Directions: from the railway station: buses of routes No. 9, 10, 21, 31 to the "Bus Station" stop